Friday, July 10, 2015

In Sickness and In Health: Part Tres

A few years ago, I wrote two blog posts regarding relationships (first one is here: In Sickness and In Health).  One of the reasons I took some lengthy breaks?  Guess who was in a relationship?  Yup, ME and it was awesome while it lasted but please notice the key phrase: while it lasted.

Unfortunately, I was dumped in March of last year and in a shitty way (long story short: bastard dumped me by unfriending me on Facebook less than a week after I'd gotten home from having gallbladder surgery and...oh yeah, a sudden move!).  On top of that, I found out a few months ago that my ex-boyfriend was also....drum roll please.....MARRIED TOO!! UGH!!  At 34 years old, he wasn't man-enough to tell me the truth!!

So.....I'm back at square one, at 35 years old.  It. Is. SO. HARD!


Still looking for Mr. Right

Not only am I a transplant recipient with quite a bit of medical baggage, I'm also your classic introvert.  In the past, whenever I would attend a social gathering, I would be coiled tighter than a snake and, unfortunately, people would mistaken my shyness (or, feeling uncomfortable) as snottiness. Thankfully, the transplant games have helped me loosen up A TON; so much so, that my transplant friends have a hard time believing that out-going Kim is really super awkward on her home turf.

I've tried dating websites (oh, where do I begin?) and have gone on the occasional date with said guy but as soon as he finds out about my transplant (either via Google or my own big mouth) he automatically assumes I'm untouchable, freezes and doesn't speak to me again. It really sucks that ,the guys I've come across, can't seem to see past that.  

I just want a caring, sweet, attractive (in my eyes), funny, smart (but not so smart that he makes me feel like a dope), family-oriented man.....who is brave enough to take me on and doesn't freak out over my scars--the physical and otherwise.


Are you brave enough to help me unpack my baggage?



No comments:

Post a Comment