Thursday, January 17, 2019

Five Feet Apart-Trailer Reaction



I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm going to react/respond to this trailer as someone who has battled a chronic lung disease but NOT Cystic Fibrosis (aka: CF). The illness that I had that led me to need (and receive) my transplant is Eisenmenger's Syndrome. In layman's terms, every time my heart would beat, the oxygenated blood and deoxygenated blood would mix and enter into my already worn out and severely underdeveloped lungs. My lungs were like leather while someone with CF has lungs that are like thick, creamy peanut butter. While I can never know what it's like to have that illness, I do have an understanding of it and even some of the treatments and medications (Albuterol! Nebulizer!).

Anyway, here is the trailer that was released in November: 



Personally, anything that highlights a chronic illness and is able to educate the public about it is a good thing. Also, the part where Stella states, "This whole time, I've been living for my treatments instead of doing my treatments so that I can live and.... I wanna live!" really spoke to me and I'm sure many others who have a chronic illness because it's so incredibly true. 

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the film. I can't wait to see it (March 22nd!). If you would like to see a reaction post from someone who has Cystic Fibrosis, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this one, from Cystik1: 

No comments:

Post a Comment