Saturday, January 1, 2011

About Me

Basic Info:
My name is Kim.
I'm almost 31 years old.
When I was 16 years old, I received a heart/double lung transplant.
I received my transplant due to advanced stages of Eisenmenger's Syndrome. 
(In layman's terms: underdeveloped lungs (due to premature birth) + LOTS of holes in the heart)
I received my transplant on Friday, June 14, 1996 at St. Louis Children's Hospital. That place is very near and dear to my heart...and lungs!

I've come a long way since my SLCH days.  This will be a blog by a transplant recipient but not about my whole transplant life.  Just certain aspects of it that are transplant related.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the exciting world of blogging! It's fun, enjoy :)

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Kim! I look forward to reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim I will follow your blog with great interest. It gives me hope to know there are survivors such as yourself.I am so glad I met in Ny.It's nice to have another friend!

    ReplyDelete